Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Non-Alcoholic Margarita Dessert

On Thanksgiving, one of the guys brought a lemonade pie.  He failed to put it in the freezer, so it was runny.  No matter, I liked the taste, and when I found out how easy it was, I was hooked.

I made it on Monday with these changes.

Instead of graham-cracker crust, I used pretzel crust to go along with the Margarita theme.  It is the same basic recipe, half the sugar and substituted crushed pretzels for crushed graham crackers.  I baked it for 10 minutes in a 9x13 Corning dish.

The main part of the pie has only three ingredients - a regular-sized can of frozen, concentrated margarita mix (non-alcoholic), a regular-sized can of condensed milk (NOT the sweetened kind) and a large tub of Dream Whip.  I combined them with my electric mixer and poured it into the cooled pretzel crust.

I covered the dish with plastic wrap and froze it overnight.

The original recipe called for a graham-cracker crust and frozen-lemonade concentrate.  We found it a little too tart for our tastes.


No comments:

Post a Comment